Plywood is an engineered wood sheet material made up of wood veneers attached together placing wood grains 90 degrees to one another. Usually plywood is cross-bonded construction but oriented constructions are possible. There can also be several wood species and veneer thicknesses in one panel. Typical thickness of plywood panel is between 4,5 – 50 mm , made of thin veneer sheets with thickness 1,5 – 3,2 mm. Plywood is glued with phenolic-resin and the gluing is boilproof. The main coating type is phenol coating but also melamine and pp-coatings are used.
Plywood is produced in different qualities due to different uses. The quality of plywood mostly depends on the gluing or the number of veneer layers.
Usage areas of high quality uncoated and coated WISA® plywood panels designed for various applications worldwide :
- Concrete forming
- Vehicle flooring
- LNG carriers
- Railway wagons
Benefits of Plywood Products
- Excellent strength / stiffness and weight ratio
- Multilayer construction; properties are easy to vary
- Good durability with strength properties
- Easy to handle and good workability
- Renewable natural resource and recyclable material
- Good availability and moderate price progress